February 9, 2018 Iles de la Madeleine
Due to the lack of ice covering the Gulf of St.Lawrence in the past 2 years, (2016,2017), the Château Madelinot was facing the difficult situation to cancel the Winter Package and Harp Seal watching by helicopter. As today (February 9), the conditions for the 2018 season seems to be taking places to be able to hold a successful operations.
With the information receive and study by the Château Madelinot profesionnals collaborators, the management is please to announce as today, February 9, that all the weather and ice indicators show positive results to be able to operate the 2018 Harp Seal watching season by helicopter with landing on the ice.
This decision remain conditional as the ice situation stay the same until the end of the Harp Seal watching season (March 11). If for some unpredictable reason, the ice covering do not respond anymore at the higher standards we need to operate, we may have to reconsider the decision. The safety of our guest and employees is our top priority.
As today, February 9, 2018, we are now moving forward to prepare a great Winter Package and Harp Seal season and we look forward to welcome you from Feb.23-March 11 at the Château Madelinot, Magdalen Islands!
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://bit.ly/2uzNVET
Official memo: 2018 Harp Seal season decision_Eng